We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated in February 2019.
For more information about Data Protection, and the General Data Protection Regulation, see the website for the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Calibration & Consultancy Services (UK) Limited
Calibration & Consultancy Services (UK) Limited is registered with Company No. 06458600. Our registered office is at Unit 1, Hurstwood Court, Meadowcroft Way, Leigh, WN7 3XZ. Depending on the circumstances, we may be a data controller or a data processor of your personal data.
We have a nominated person whom you can contact should you have any queries relating to this policy or your data, by writing to us at the above address. Please mark correspondence for the attention of the Calibration & Consultancy Services (UK) Limited data lead.
The data we collect
We may collect the following information on this website, or otherwise where you may telephone us, contact us by email, when you enter a competition or promotion with us or when you may contact us or inform us of any other matter:
- Your name;
- Your contact information, including email addresses; and
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We may collect details of your visit to our website, including location, traffic, pages visited and general interaction and communication data.
Personal data may be collected through services we provide for you, such as email addresses, bank details, phone numbers.
We collect payment information for the purposes of Direct Debit instructions from clients to whom we provide services.
How we collect your data
We collect data principally from the following sources:
- From you directly, and from your colleagues in your organisation
- Information generated about you when you access our website, such as your IP address
- We may purchase data from third parties, including marketing lists, or access publicly available data to help improve our services or our business
How we use the data we collect
The data we collect helps us to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular:
- Internal record-keeping of enquiries and communications from clients
- To properly deliver our services to you
- To process payments for our services from you
- To administer accounts, sales and projects
- To comply with contractual obligations we may have with you relating to the delivery of our services
- To allow us to review and develop the website to improve its performance and delivery of our services
- To conduct periodic market research
- To allow us to manage our relationship with you, including managing your queries and responding to communications from you
- To analyse website usage statistics
- To receive and review job applications, and to communicate with job applicants
- To notify you of changes and updates to our website and services
- To notify you of information relating to our services, including where you have requested information or where we feel the information will be of interest to you as an existing client or where you have consented to receive such information. Such notification may be sent by, including but not exclusively, direct mail, email, phone, social media and digital channels
- To inform you of pricing changes to our services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
In particular, we may use your personal data:
- Where it is needed in order to satisfy our contractual obligations with you to deliver our services to you
- Where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so
- To comply with legal obligations
- For some direct marketing communications, with consent where required
We do not share any of the personal data we hold with third parties, other than where necessary in the proper delivery of our services, as required by law or any regulatory authorities, and in the operation and administration of our business.
In the event of a sale of our business, we may disclose your information with the party(ies) acquiring its shares subject to the provision of undertakings relating to confidentiality.
How long do we store your data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as you are a client or customer of our business. Your data will be held only for as long as necessary to enable us to perform the functions listed above and for as long as you are a client or customer of our business.
Should you cease to trade with us, or where you are not a client or customer of our business, we may keep your data for a period of up to 7 years for research or analytical purposes, or where we are required to retain your data for legal or regulatory purposes.
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and hold.
Our website, and information received through it, is hosted and backed up on secure servers within the EEA across multiple sites.
Specific measures we take internally to keep your personal data secure within our business include:
- Encrypted back-up of business data
- Password protection or encryption of data
- Password or passcode protection of PCs and mobile devices
- Protection measures for specific software, eg. password protection and limited access to financial, invoicing or CRM software
- Secure storage of paper copies in locked cabinets
- We do not store credit and debit card information at all
Withdrawing your consent
You are entitled to withdraw your consent to, or object to, our processing of your personal data for the purposes stated above. You may also ask us to delete your personal data if there is no reason for us to retain it, subject to our retention of data where required for legitimate business purposes. Please contact us by telephone on 01942 260666 or by writing to us at the above address.
Withdrawal of consent may prevent us from delivering the services we supply to you and may prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you.
You may request details of the personal data we hold for you. Please contact us by telephone on 01942 260666 or by writing to us at the above address.
You may ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do so by either not selecting the opt-in box when submitting a form through our website, contacting us by telephone on 01942 260666 or by writing to us at the above address.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should review separately the privacy policies of any third party website.
Where your personal data changes
Please advise us of changes to your personal data so that we can update our records accordingly.
Please contact us via our website, by telephone on 01942 260666 or by writing to us at the above address.
What are cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser help on how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality and features of this and many other websites that you visit. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The cookies we set
This site may offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this website, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be recalled.
Third party cookies
This website may use Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web, helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track activity such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so that we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit, helping us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience in using the site whilst ensuring that we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
In some cases we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites, including Twitter, Vimeo, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
If you require further information please contact us by telephone on 01942 260666 or by writing to us at the above address.